Friday, September 14, 2007

Just a few more years


I already told several of you Wednesday night, but for those who didn't hear I am staying in the Army. I am accepting a commission to become a Chaplain. As you can see, Kristen fully approves of the move and I'm glad because I think it is the right thing to do. I didn't really loathe my time overseas and I kept saying to myself "man, this would be soooo much better if I was doing the work of a Chaplain." So if I do go over again, which is not possible until I am through their candidate program 3 or 4 years from now, it will be doing what I actually think I should be doing. Anyway, thought I'd pass it on. Out here.

3 comments:

Matt DeRienzo said...

Congratulations, Dave. Good for you.

grace2u said...

Hey, did anyone ever tell you that you two look alike?!! Kristen has a rounder face than you, but otherise there seems to be quite a resemblance. Mom

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.


No wonder Matthew loves firetrucks. It's in his genes!