Monday, September 10, 2007

Marley's first Red Sox game

We took Marley to the Red Sox vs. Orioles game in Baltimore (less than 2 hours south of us) on Saturday night.
Despite the look on her face in this photo, she had a good time, hamming it up with everyone around us in the crowd, jumping up and down and getting excited when people cheered and clapped.
She slept through about three innings in the middle of the game, waking up when anything happened that got a cheer from the crowd and turning around to look at the field. It was hilarious.
When she got restless, I gave her baseball cards to play with. Knowing that she'd chew them up, first I gave her Willy Mo Pena, who's no longer with the team. Then I gave her J.D. Drew.
The crowd was literally 85 percent Red Sox fans. It was weird.

4 comments:

D-Man said...

I am jealous. Fenway Park #2 has been on my list of parks to visit for some time now. Good choice on the cards to chew up.

Matt DeRienzo said...

You can always stay with us on your way down. Also, I'm going to get a bunch of tickets to both games when the Celtics play in Philadelphia twice this year. (Single-game tickets don't go on sale until October.) John's already said he'd like to go. Anyone else, let me know so I know how many to get.

D-Man said...

I'd definitely be interested in something like that. I'll take a look at the schedule and talk to John. Perhaps he and I could drive or fly down together. Thanks.

Matt DeRienzo said...

I've got the tickets!! Dec. 5.


No wonder Matthew loves firetrucks. It's in his genes!